“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
Merry and warm greetings from my house to yours! We are supposed to see the sun today, but it is only for a day…it will be a welcomed sight and I will enjoy!
Yesterday, I spent the day in the kitchen doing some baking with my “little princess”! We baked fruitcake for my precious Daddy and a red velvet cake for our son’s birthday today! I know that not many folks like fruit cake, but my sweet-loving granddaughter loved it! She wanted to know if she could take it home, and I reminded her that we had baked it for her Pawpaw. Her reply was, “he won’t mind!” So since I’ve been in the kitchen, I decided to share a recipe with you all today! I won’t be sharing either of the ones I mentioned, but you’re still in for a real treat. I am sharing a delicious and easy recipe that is perfect as an appetizer or to take to a party! If you are a fan of Brie cheese, then you will love it!
If you saw my Christmas In The Country post, then you might have noticed the appetizer on my coffee table with hot spiced tea!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 8 oz. Brie
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh thyme or rosemary for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry into 6 rectangles. Spread each rectangle with orange marmalade, leaving a 1/4 border. Top with 2 slices of Brie and mound with the cranberry mixture, slightly pressing it down. Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the Brie is melted. Top with thyme or rosemary to serve.
Pieced Pastimes,, Dwellings-Heart of Your Home, Savvy Southern Style, French Country Cottage, Stone Gable, Confessions of a Plate Addict, Worthing Court, Between Naps on the Porch, Cedar Hill Farmhouse, A Stroll Thru Life, The Charm of Home, Katherines Corner,Petit Haus, Follow The Yellow Brick Home, Vintage Mama’s Cottage, Marilyn’s Treats Eclectic Red Barn, Love Of Home, My Soulful Home, Celebrating Everyday Life, Little Farmstead, Starfish Cottage, Rustic & Refined,The Freckled Rose, Life and Linda, DIY 180, Celebrate & Decorate, Sweet Sensations, The Dedicated House, Shabby Fufu, Designthusiasm, Imparting Grace, Calypso in the Country